|2011 Acura ZDX Advance|
|Assembly||Alliston, Ontario, Canada|
|Class||Mid-size crossover wagon|
|Body style||5-door liftback|
|Layout||Front engine, all-wheel drive|
|Engine||3.7L J37A5 V6|
|Wheelbase||108.2 in (2,748 mm)|
|Length||192.4 in (4,887 mm)|
|Width||78.5 in (1,994 mm)|
|Height||62.8 in (1,595 mm)|
The Acura ZDX is a mid-size luxury crossover developed by Honda for its upmarket brand Acura. The car was originally scheduled to be called the Acura MSX. The ZDX debuted at the 2009 New York International Auto Show on April 8, 2009. The vehicle was also the first to be completely designed at Acura's southern California design studio.
The car has been said to be a "new level of prestige for Acura." It features Acura's first six speed automatic transmission, advanced ventilated seats, as well as other luxury appointments. Although the ZDX shares a similar profile with the Honda Accord Crosstour, the two vehicles are not mechanically related; the latter being based on the Honda Accord while the ZDX is based on the Honda Pilot/Acura MDX.
Five teaser shots, released by Acura between March 16 and 20, 2009, indicated a coupe-like sloping roofline akin to that of the BMW X6, which led many observers to believe that is its direct competitor. After the announcement about naming the vehicle ZDX, Acura added the words "Luxury Four-Door Sports Coupe" to the caption for each picture. Moreover, it did not state the vehicle as a crossover or an SUV.
The announced version includes the 3,664 cc (3.664 L; 223.6 cu in) SOHC VTEC V6 all-aluminum engine rated 300 bhp (220 kW) at 6300 rpm and 270 lb·ft (366 N·m) at 4500 rpm, 6-speed automatic transmission, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD), 19-inch, 7-spoke alloy wheels, panoramic glass roof with movable sunshades, hand-stitched leather interior, HandsFreeLink Bluetooth connectivity, power tailgate, and a high-powered audio system with CD player, AM/FM/XM Satellite Radio and USB audio interface with iPod integration. Sales began in winter 2009.
Technology Package adds the Navigation System with voice recognition, an Acura/ELS Surround premium audio system and a new multi-view rear camera. Advance Package adds blind spot monitoring system, Collision Mitigating Braking System (CMBS), and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).
United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) fuel consumption estimates for all models are 16 mpg-US (15 L/100 km; 19 mpg-imp) in the city, 22 mpg-US (11 L/100 km; 26 mpg-imp) on the highway and 19 mpg-US (12 L/100 km; 23 mpg-imp) combined.
Colors and pricing
|2010 ZDX Color||ZDX Base Package||ZDX Technology Package||ZDX Advance Package|
|Aspen White Pearl||Taupe||Taupe, Sumatra||Taupe, Sumatra|
|Palladium Metallic||Ebony, Taupe||Ebony, Taupe||Ebony, Taupe|
|Crystal Black Pearl||Ebony, Taupe||Ebony, Taupe, Umber||Ebony, Taupe, Umber|
|Dark Cherry Pearl||N/A in Base||Ebony, Taupe||Ebony, Taupe|
|Grigio Metallic||Ebony, Taupe||Taupe, Sumatra, Umber||Taupe, Sumatra, Umber|
|Ionized Bronze Metallic||N/A in Base||Ebony, Umber||Ebony, Umber|
|2010 MSRP||US$ 45,495 / C$ 45,995||US$ 49,995 / C$ 51,995||US$ 56,045 / C$ 57,995|
All ZDX models are subject to a $860 destination and handling fee (U.S.).
|Calendar year||US sales|
- ↑ Hellwig, Ed (2009-03-30). "2009 New York Auto Show: 2010 Acura ZDX Now Official". Blogs.edmunds.com. http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightline/2009/03/2009-new-york-auto-show-2010-acura-zdx-now-official.html. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- ↑ Edmunds, Dan (May 2010). "2010 Acura ZDX: Suspension Walkaround". http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/05/2010-acura-zdx-suspension-walkaround.html. Retrieved 28 May 2010.
- ↑ "2010 Acura ZDX". http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/acura/zdx/2010/acura-zdx. Retrieved May 2010. "Based on the same bones as the Acura MDX, the Honda Pilot, and, yes, even the Honda Odyssey"
- ↑ "Acura ZDX | Future Vehicles". Acura.com. http://www.acura.com/FutureVehicles.aspx#/FutureVehiclesCUV. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- ↑ Abuelsamid, Sam (2009-07-20). "Officially Official: Acura unveils 2010 ZDX crossover". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/20/officially-official-acura-releases-2010-zdx-crossover/. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- ↑ Abuelsamid, Sam (2009-08-17). "Acura drops more details and pics aplenty of the new ZDX". Autoblog.com. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/17/acura-drops-more-details-and-pics-aplenty-of-the-new-zdx/. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- ↑ "First Look: 2010 Acura ZDX, On Sale This Winter". Blogs.cars.com. http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2009/07/2010-acura-zdx-on-sale-this-winter.html. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- ↑ "Acura Media Newsroom: 2010 Acura ZDX - Body". Hondanews.com. http://www.hondanews.com/categories/1322/releases/5129/. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- ↑ "Acura Announces Pricing and On-Sale Information for 2010". Hondanews.com. 2009-11-20. http://www.hondanews.com/categories/793/releases/5324/. Retrieved 2010-10-03.
- ↑ http://www.hondanews.com/channels/corporate-headlines/releases/american-honda-december-sales-up-25-5-percent
- Acura ZDX - official site