|2010 Cadillac SRX|
|Class||Mid-size crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Front-engine, rear-wheel drive / four-wheel drive|
The Cadillac SRX is a mid-size crossover SUV produced by the Cadillac division of American automaker General Motors since the 2004 model year. The SRX was Cadillac's best selling model in the United States in 2010 and 2011.
First generation (2004–2009)
|2006-2009 Cadillac SRX|
|Manufacturer||General Motors and Avtotor|
USA: 2004–2009Template:Citation needed|
Lansing Grand River Plant, Lansing, Michigan, United States|
Kaliningrad, Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia/
|Platform||GM Sigma platform/GMT265|
3.6 L LY7 HFV6 V6|
4.6 L LH2 Northstar V8
5-speed 5L40-E automatic |
|Wheelbase||116.4 in (2,960 mm)|
|Length||194.9 in (4,950 mm)|
|Width||72.6 in (1,840 mm)|
|Height||67.8 in (1,720 mm)|
Engine options include the 255 hp (190 kW) High-Feature V6 and the 4.6 L 320 hp (239 kW) Northstar V8. It is based on the GM Sigma platform and comes with a five or six-speed automatic transmission; rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive are available.
An all-leather interior and curtain side airbags are standard in both models. Heated front seats and wood interior trim are standard in the V8 and available as options in the V6. DVD, sunroof, navigation system, and a power foldable third-row seat are all available options.
For 2007, a sport package was an available option. The first generation SRX never had the V Series performance model available.
The first generation SRX was available through the 2009 model year.
Second generation (2010–)
|2012 Cadillac SRX|
|Assembly||Ramos Arizpe, Mexico|
|Platform||GM Theta Premium/GMT267|
2.8 L Turbo LP9 HFV6 V6 (2010 only)|
3.0 L LF1 HFV6 V6
3.6 L LFX V6 (2012)
|Wheelbase||110.5 inches (2,807 mm)|
|Length||190.2 inches (4,831 mm)|
|Width||75.1 inches (1,908 mm)|
|Height||65.7 inches (1,669 mm)|
For the 2010 model year, Cadillac introduced an all-new SRX based on the Provoq concept vehicle. The production used the all-wheel drive GM Theta Premium platform, which is mostly unique but shares some components with Theta and Epsilon II. The V8 has been dropped for this generation. The second generation SRX began production in Summer 2009 as a 2010 model, and has a starting price of $34,155.
The SRX was officially unveiled in January 2009. It was launched with the choice of a 3.0 liter V6 with direct injection derived from the 3.6 liter unit in the Cadillac CTS, or a 2.8 liter turbocharged V6.
In January 2011, General Motors discontinued production of the 2.8 liter turbo-charged V6 engine in the SRX, citing poor sales numbers. Less than 10 percent of SRX buyers opted for the turbo-charged engine. This left the naturally aspirated 3.0 liter V6 as the only engine available for the 2011 model year. For 2012, a 3.6 liter V6 with E85 flex-fuel capability will be offered in the turbo V6's place.
In May 2010, General Motors had to recall about 550 of its 2010 Cadillac SRXs with the turbocharged 2.8-liter V-6 because of a possible engine failure if owners use regular gas and then drive aggressively. The automaker said the fuel-filler lid and owner's manual warn that the engine should not be worked hard if regular fuel is used. Failures in several vehicles owned by GM and one external user led it to discover that using regular fuel and driving hard could cause possible internal engine damages including connecting rod failures. The automaker decided to conduct a "customer satisfaction program" to recalibrate the engine computer, but the NHTSA considered engine failures to be a safety issue and argued that a recall was required.
Engines and transmissions
|Model years||Engine||Power, Torque@RPM||Transmission|
|2010–present||3.0L V6||265 bhp (198 kW)@6950, 223 lb·ft (302 N·m)@5100||Hydra-Matic 6T70 6-speed automatic with Driver Shift Control|
|2010||2.8L Turbo V6||300 bhp (220 kW)@5500, 295 lb·ft (400 N·m)@1850||Aisin Warner AF40 6-speed electronically controlled automatic with Driver Shift Control and Eco Mode|
|2012||3.6L V6||308 bhp (230 kW), 260 lb·ft (353 N·m)||Hydra-Matic 6T70 6-speed automatic with Driver Shift Control|
Yearly American sales
|Calendar Year||Total U.S sales|
- ↑ "Группа компаний Автотор :: Автомобили GM". Avtotor.ru. http://www.avtotor.ru/gm/. Retrieved 2010-10-24.
- ↑ http://www.avtotor.ru/upload/pictures/gm2009.jpg
- ↑ Forget BRX: 2010 Cadillac SRX Is the New SRXTemplate:Dead link
- ↑ Borroz, Tony (May 27, 2009). "Cadillac Rolls Out All-New SRX Crossover". Automoblog.net. http://www.automoblog.net/2009/05/27/caddy-rolls-out-all-new-srx-crossover-cts-sport-wagon/.
- ↑ Tan, Paul (January 6, 2009). "2010 Cadillac SRX: with 3.0L V6 or 2.8L turbo V6". http://paultan.org/archives/2009/01/06/2010-cadillac-srx-with-30l-v6-or-28l-turbo-v6/.
- ↑ Alex Luft (2011-01-01). "Report: GM Discontinues Turbo-Charged Cadillac SRX". GM Authority. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2011/01/cadillac-srx-turbo-charged-model-discontinued/. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- ↑ http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/news/news_detail.brand_GM.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2011/Apr/0412_srx
- ↑ Christopher Jensen (2010-05-28). "Lamborghini Recalling Murciélagos". The New York Times - Wheels blog. http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/28/lamborghini-recalling-murcielagos/#more-56531. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- ↑ Paul Stenquist (2010-03-30). "Can Using the Wrong Octane Fuel Lead to Disaster?". The New York Times - Wheels blog. http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/can-using-the-wrong-octane-fuel-lead-to-disaster/. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- ↑ "GM Reports December 2005 and Year Results". January 5, 2006. http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/01/05/205609.html.
- ↑ "GM Reports 341,327 Deliveries in December" (Press release). Media.gm.com. 2007-01-03. http://archives.media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewmonthlyreleasedetail.do?domain=6&docid=31596. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- ↑ "GM Reports 221,983 Deliveries in December; 2,980,688 Vehicles Sold in 2008" (Press release). Media.gm.com. 2009-01-05. http://archives.media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=2&docid=51161. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- ↑ "December 2009 Deliveries" (XLS). GM. January 5, 2010. http://media.gm.com/content/Pages/news/us/en/2010/Jan/0105_Dec_Sales/_jcr_content/iconrow/textfile/file.res/Deliveries%20December%2009.xls.
- ↑ http://media.gm.com/content/dam/Media/gmcom/investor/2011/DeliveriesDecember2010.pdf
- ↑ http://www.cheersandgears.com/topic/77886-sales-december-2011-general-motors/
- Cadillac.com Official site
- mycadillacstory.com — official video site of Cadillac
- official UK website
- Brauer, Karl (October 1, 2003). "Full Test: 2004 Cadillac SRX". Edmunds. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=100613.
- Clarkson, Jeremy (April 15, 2007). "Cadillac SRX4: Only a woman could drive this". TimesOnline. http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article1650328.ece.