|Body style||5-door hatchback mpv|
|Layout||FF layout or 4WD|
|Engine||659 cc petrol|
3 speed automatic|
4 speed automatic
|Wheelbase||2,440 mm (96.1 in)|
|Length||3,395 mm (133.7 in)|
|Width||1,475 mm (58.1 in)|
|Height||1,725 mm (67.9 in)|
|Curb weight||890 kg (1,962 lb)|
The Daihatsu Tanto was introduced in the 2003 Tokyo show as a concept vehicle based on the Daihatsu Move 'tall' body style. The car was introduced into Japanese market in 2003. The Tanto is a Kei car. The Tanto Custom was added in July 2005.
Daihatsu Tanto FCHV
In 2005, the Tanto FCHV was introduced in Tokyo show. FCHV stands for fuel cell hybrid vehicle. Based on the Tanto compact MPV currently in production, this prototype adds a hydrogen tank and electric motors.
Second generationThe second generation Tanto was exhibited at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show and production started in December 2007. Among the main feature of this second generation Tanto that the first generation model lacked is opposite rear doors, in which the driver's side door swings and the passenger's side door slides.
- 2007 Daihatsu Tanto 01.jpg
Second generation Tanto
- 2007 Daihatsu Tanto-Custom 01.jpg
Second generation Tanto Custom
- ↑ "Channel 4". Channel 4. http://www.channel4.com/4car/feature/feature.jsp?id=607. Retrieved 2011-04-25.
- Japan Car Exhibition at the London Science Museum =- in 2009 a Tanto was exhibited here.
- Daihatsu Tanto FCHV Information