|Body style||5-door hatchback|
|Length||4,150 mm (163.4 in)|
|Width||1,740 mm (68.5 in)|
|Height||1,470 mm (57.9 in)|
The concept will form the basis of the car that replaces the European market Nissan Note in 2013. The car will be built from mid-2013 at Nissan's Sunderland plant in the UK with the creation of 400 jobs, and 1600 in the associated supply chain.
The car exhibits Nissan's "Around View Monitor" which provides the driver with a bird's-eye view of the vehicle to assist with parking or manoeuvring in tight spaces.
The concept was designed and developed in Japan, but will be turned into production reality by Nissan's UK based technical centre in Cranfield, Bedfordshire. It shares the company's V-platform with the Nissan Micra.
- ↑ "Nissan Invitation small-car concept is bound for Geneva show". Autoweek. 6 February 2012. http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120206/GENEVA/120209923. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- ↑ "Nissan to build new car in Sunderland". BBC News Online. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17266087. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- ↑ "Geneva 2012: UK-built Nissan Invitation". What Car?. 6 March 2012. http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/geneva-2012-uk-built-nissan-invitation/261652. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- ↑ Cropley, Steve (4 March 2012). "Geneva show: Nissan Invitation". Autocar. http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/261227/. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- ↑ "Press Release". Nissan. http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2012/_STORY/120306-01-e.html. Retrieved 12 April 2012.