|Also called||Nissan Evalia,Nissan NV200 Vanette|
Shōnan, Kanagawa, Japan|
Nissan Motor Ibérica S.A., Spain (November 2009–)
Zhengzhou Nissan, China (2010–)
Nissan Vanette Van (Japan)|
Nissan Kubistar (Europe)
|Class||Light commercial vehicle|
|Layout||Front engine, front-wheel drive|
|Platform||Nissan B platform|
1.6 L HR16DE I4|
2.0 L MR20DE I4 (starting in 2013)
1.5 L K9K I4 (Europe)
|Wheelbase||2,860 mm (112.6 in)|
|Length||4,400 mm (173.2 in)|
|Width||1,695 mm (66.7 in)|
|Height||1,850–1,855 mm (73–73.0 in)|
The Nissan NV200 is a light commercial vehicle produced by Nissan. It was first shown as the NV200 Concept at the 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. Though it is an alternative to the Vanette, it is only available as a van model. "NV" stands for New generation Vehicle, or sometimes "New Vanette" by fans.
It was launched in Japan as Nissan NV200 Vanette on May 21, 2009, and in Europe in autumn 2009. In April 2010, it was named the Professional Van and Light Truck Magazine Van of the Year 2010. In China, NV200 is built by Nissan in partnership with Dongfeng Motor, and is released in June 2010. An electric vehicle based on NV200 will also be released.
The NV200 was one of three finalists (alongside the Karsan V-1 and Ford Transit Connect) for New York City's Taxi of Tomorrow. The Nissan was announced as the winner in May 2011 and is expected to be awarded a 10-year contract to provide the city exclusively with some 13,000 yellow cabs, starting in 2013. A fully electric version of the Nissan NV200 may be available by 2017 for the NYC Taxi fleet. The European version with the 1.5L diesel gets 54.4 averaged mpg however the American version will be much less. The American version will be built in Mexico and powered by a 2.0L gasoline engine and has been rated at 25mpg.
Since October 2011, the Vanette has also been sold as the Mitsubishi Delica D:3.
- Nissan NV200 front 20100612.jpg
Nissan NV200 Minibus
- NISSAN NV200 VANETTE Taxi rear.jpg
Rear view of NV200 Vanette taxi, with loading ramp
- Nissan cab.jpg
Taxi version of the NV200 for New York's Taxicab of Tomorrow competition
- ↑ 日産自動車、小型商用車「NV200バネット」発売 GAZOO.com (Japanese)
- ↑ NV200: Nissan's new global van makes European debut at Barcelona Motor Show NISSAN Europe News Bureau
- ↑ Nissan NV200 is the International Van of the Year 2010 Nissan Media Europe
- ↑ Nissan NV200 What Van?
- ↑ NV200: Nissan's new small versatile people Carrier and van Nissan/Infiniti News Room
- ↑ Dongfeng Nissan Releases NV200 ChinaAutoWeb.com
- ↑ Nissan Releases Concept Sketch of Light Commercial Electric Vehicle Nissan Europe News Bureau
- ↑ Berk, Honey (2010-12-05). "Meet the Taxis of Tomorrow". AOL. http://autos.aol.com/article/taxi-of-tomorrow/. Retrieved 2011-01-26.
- ↑ Wall Street Journal - New York’s Next Taxi Will Be a Nissan WSJ.com Metropolis section - May 3, 2011, 11:27 AM ET
- ↑ "New York could see electric taxis in 2017", Gavin Conway, TheChargingPoint.com, May 8, 2011
- ↑ Nissan UK (2011-09-19). "Nissan UK". NISSAN. http://nissan.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- ↑ MMC to launch Delica D: 3 in Japan, M Autos, 12 Oct, 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-18.